Saturday 6 March 2010

Supergirl Cup

So it was the Supergirl Cup yesterday, a chance for level tens to get some experience with that sort of meet. And apparantly elites as well. I don't get that but whatever. I didn't watch all of it, I was tired and staying up til 2 in the morning to finish it just wasn't happening, but I did watch the first 2 rotations.

Why oh why were they all forced into the same leotard? I mean I understand why, but WHY? Still at least they got some leotards and a tracksuit out of it.


So Lexie Priessman won. In my humble opinion she had the advantage, having attended elite Jnr nationals last year, so it seemed a bit unfair to stick her (and others such as Gabi Douglas) in a competition against level tens. She did a double twisting yurchenko on vault, so did another girl that I saw though I can't remember her name. Both gave me the impression it was a vault they were only just managing. I wouldn't have let them compete it yet. Her floor was Cincinnati to the bone.

Kassandra Lopez from Arizona finished second, and Diandra Milliner came third.

It was weird to see Kimberley Jacob hanging around after seeing her at nationals. I think she's committed to Bama though so she probably won't be around long. I was kind of rooting for Gabi Douglas but she screwed up floor on her 2.5 twist.

I also think it's strange that people who are used to the elite system were competing under the JO Nationals rules. Obviously they'd have an advantage. Just a bit of a weird competition.

Still, SCAM later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment